Wednesday, May 19, 2010

down a size!

i've been a size 18 for as long as i can remember.

well, not as long as i remember. i clearly remember being a beautiful size 14 or 16, even down to a 12.

i'm no longer an 18.

i'm visiting my mother, and if you can remember, she's lost a ton of weight on weight watchers. i can give you her details, because i am pretty sure she's proud of where she's at. at her heaviest, she was a size 22/24. she now wears a 14. i'm so proud of her. well, since she's been losing weight, she has a lot of clothes that don't fit her. as she's giving me a lot of size 16 pants and shorts, i'm hesitant to even try them on because i know i'm an 18. it's all i have at home.

i tried them on.

they fit.

i got two skirts, two pair of shorts (i don't even remember the last time i wore shorts!!), and two pair of capris. and i feel skinny and beautiful in all of them. we're even the same size top now, so we've been sharing clothes all week. she loaned me one of her bras to try today, and while we were out shopping, we bought one of those for me. i feel skinnier for the first time in a long time. it's one thing for people to tell you you look like you're losing weight, it's another to begin to feel skinny.

however, i'm with kyrstin now, as i was just measured for my wedding dress. that's right, it's all official now. i'm engaged as of monday! so, although losing weight for a wedding is a great motivation for most people, i'm going to be trying to tone but maintain my weight at around this 190-mark. especially since my dress is being handmade for me here in pittsburgh, and i won't get another chance for a fitting until shortly before the wedding.

additionally, my engagement ring is too big. i'd rather it be too big than too small, because at least i can wear it with a ring guard to size it until we can get it resized. thing is, chris used a ring to size me in about december, a ring that used to fit on that finger before i lost the weight :-) so now it's too big because even my fingers are smaller. i love it.

oh, the ring is beautiful, too.

No comments: