Friday, May 14, 2010

Weight Loss

I experienced a 20+ pound weight loss over the past week due to this little guy:


Since everyone has been gutsy and posted their weight, I guess I shall now that I've given birth.

According to my home scale, I'm down to 190. I was up to over 210 during the height of pregnancy (I never did get an official highest number because I sort of quit looking at the scales at the doctor's office at the end). My pre-pregnancy weight was 165, which is still too high for my height. At this point, getting down to that is my goal but I'd like to eventually go beyond that and get to at least 140 or lower.

I had a C-section so I can't really do much exercise right now but I'd like to start taking the baby for walks in the stroller. I'm moving around fairly well considering the major abdominal surgery I just had. I also have two baby carriers and hope to be able to do plenty of housework in the coming weeks when I feel comfortable wearing him around. And he's a clingy baby, so I'm glad I have the carriers or I might not get anything done.

My appetite decreased tremendously during my recovery. Of course I was starving after delivery due to going through 19 hours of labor but it has taken awhile to want to eat a decent meal. However, now that we're home, we have people dropping off rich, fatty meals for us. It won't last forever and I need the calories since I'm nursing, but I need to find a way to do better with my eating.

Anyway, isn't this a precious way to lose weight? :)

3 comments:

Hannah said...

It is a beautiful way to lose weight. Don't become too stressed about losing. It took nearly a year to put the weight on and you will lose some Nursing as well. Concentrate on recovering from the csection first!

LeLe said...

That's what I keep having to tell myself. I know it will take awhile. My stomach is already starting to shrink, even though I've got lots of extra flab but I know it will eventually tighten up. It will never look the same and I'm okay with that, I just want it to look better than it looks now. :)

Kyrstin said...

Oh! He's a adorable! I hope you have an easy and quick recovery from the C-section and are enjoying every minute with the little guy! <3