Friday, August 27, 2010

Sugar Fast Check-In

As I sit here, drinking a Diet Dr. Pepper and eating a Twix (no, those don't cancel each other out, unfortunately), I feel like a failure. But it's Friday. And I did good all week. Well, up until last night when I had four Chips Ahoy. I successfully avoided sugary substances other than a little vanilla creamer in my coffee or low-sugar jelly on my PBJ sammich (well, and a little Sunny-D and if we're being honest, I forgot I had Toaster Strudels for b-fast yesterday. I suck.) until last night before supper. And honestly? I didn't even really crave it. It also helped that I didn't have any change for the vending machine at work, so I wasn't tempted by all the chocolately goodness.

Yesterday, I had a moment of weakness with the cookies. But, Nabisco or whoever makes Chips Ahoy, is slacking on their cookie making because those things are a lot smaller than they used to be. Charging the same price while giving the consumer less. I guess in a way that's really GOOD for me, but I was sort of irked. Oh, well. I didn't need them anyway.

So, what have I been eating to replace my "desserts"? Yoplait yogurt. There are tons of fun flavors like Key Lime Pie, Orange Creamsicle, and Strawberry Shortcake. Whenever I have a sweet craving, I eat one of those and it staves off the sugar shakes.

I have a feeling this will get easier. I know it will. I've done it before, but it just takes some time. I know I'll pull through and will soon not have the OH-MY-LORD-I-NEED-CHOCOLATE-NOW tantrums. And that's good for everyone. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations. seriously. because even you had those little "failures", you're doing way better than me, and you're making progress. cutting back is better than you were doing before, right? right. good job, friend.

LeLe said...

Yes, I don't even wanna think about how much sugar I was consuming before.

Belinda said...

I've decided that life is too short to torture yourself by going cold turkey. A gradual reduction makes much more sense eh? I've been doing it myself. You are working toward a goal, but not restricting yourself so much that you feel punished. Keep up the good work.