Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Well, I'm Back.

Sorry for my extended absence; I've had a few things going on personally. But, it doesn't look like I'm the only one, at least, who has missed a few posts, so I don't feel so badly.

 Well, what can I say? I've been trying to work out more often, and I have to say, I've been failing pretty miserably. I will say this, though. We got Zumba for the Wii, and oh my heck! It's a blast, and it will kick my booty. I used to go to a local Zumba class regularly, but then my schedule got switched around at work, and I haven't been able to go for months. The game is a good substitute, but I really miss the girls and the energy of my class. In two weeks, my schedule changes at work again, and I've already made arrangements to start going 2 days a week with one of my friends. She's a good Zumba-Addict, and I know that she'll drag my ass to class with her, come hell or high water! Which is good, because sometimes, I need dragging! Has anyone else out there done Zumba?


In fun news, I got a heck of a shock when I stepped on the scale. I'm down 5 more pounds! And, it's starting to show. Even my dad commented that he could tell that I was losing weight. I'm trying not to step on the scale too often. I feel things fitting better, so I know I'm losing inches, and that's good enough for me. What's funny though is, as previously stated, I've been sort of failing on the working out side of things. I can't wait to see my progress when I start getting my act together and get back to Zumba class - I'm sure it'll be exactly the boost my body needs to kick the metabolism back into high gear!

So...how are YOU doing with your fitness goals?

1 comment:

Kyrstin said...

I have not done Zumba yet, but am considering getting the Zumba for the Wii. Is it worth it? Sounds like it.

Also, as far as health goals? I'll only meeting my water goal (8 a day), and the fruit/veggie goal (3-5 a day). Otherwise, I'm still working on adding in walking, etc. Oh well, baby steps...