Monday, January 31, 2011

remember when?

remember when i worked out on a regular basis? and had way more energy than i do now? and weighed 15 pounds less than i do now?

remember when i used to be diligent in counting my calories using the loseit app, and a splurge meant one hershey's kiss instead of a bag (yes, a whole bag) of totino's pizza rolls?

remember when my breakfast was actually treated as the most important meal of the day? and i had energy for the whole morning?

it's time to go back to those changes. you'd have thought that these last four weeks would jump start that, but with husband being off track, it makes me be off track, too. so we bought more fruits and veggies for snacks this weekend, and i hope to cook dinner on a more regular basis. we've been eating out lately, which is bad for my wallet AND my waistline.
here's to new beginnings.

2 comments:

LeLe said...

I find that I do better when I'm at work. I've only got to make food for myself and I can pack stuff that's healthy and I'm not tempted by junk. When I get home is another story b/c I may run out of time due to a baby issue and just pop something easy (and unhhealthy) in the microwave or oven. I did pretty good last week becuase I had quick options that were healthier but I've still yet to make that tilapia. It's on tonight. :) I think.

Good idea on getting healthy snacks. Just get rid of the junk, or tell Chris to hide it. I'm kind of over junk food right now and I'm not sure why but I'm definitely not craving sweets like I used to and I'm not a big chips person so those aren't that tempting. I buy hubby stuff that I think is "meh."

Baby steps! I still need to start working out and going to bed early is something I need to do so I can get up earlier and do my workout DVD. It's so HARD with today's fast pace.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I agree with LeLe. Now that I'm home, there is always food. I can't buy junk food or I'll eat it all and winter just makes it worse for me. You'll get back to where you were. Hang in there.