Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dragging...

There are days when I am so tired by 1 pm (like today) that I don't know if I'll make it through the next 7 hours. (Yes, SEVEN hours still at school.) I'm lucky to get my lunch packed (which I try to do every day) and so what's in it is dependent on what we have around the house.

Today? It's turkey summer sausage and a variety of whatever block cheese was left from other recipes. It also includes crackers, pudding, and carrots. Overall, not bad. Not good, but better than what I would get at McDonald's or Taco John's. I'm in limbo right now: speech season is almost over and my night class lasts another 5 weeks.

After that, I have somehow convinced myself that I will be happier, healthier, and actually go to the gym. But, it's warming up a bit outside today. I think I might go for a walk around campus. I only need 30 minutes of being :purposefully" active every day and I've already walked for ten. So that's the plan after I've digested some lunch and begin to feel more sluggish than I do now.

This is the worst time of year for me. Tiny bit of sun, cold, holidays over (no seeing my family until Spring Break)... I'm ready for a break. A nice weekend. Luckily I have no class on Friday so I can catch up on homework, spend some "me" time alone, and get cleaning and grocery shopping done. I can only hope...

So you're probably wondering what this all has to do with my health? Well, when I'm depressed or stressed... I eat. And not healthy things. I eat a whole bag of popcorn by myself (and not the single serve ones), a HEAPING bowl of ice cream, almost an entire frozen pizza... you guys know what I'm talking about, right? So... for the next few weeks, I just need to curb these tendencies until the stress can disengage itself and I can settle into a more normal routine. Night classes suck, being gone 15 hours a day sucks... but I only have 3 semesters left after this one. Just THREE more. Then I an student teach and then start a fantastic new career in something I will love.

So for now, I'm taking care of my mental health so that once it's back where it should be... I can take care of my nutritional health. One thing at a time... Luckily, being active helps me feel more happy. So I can work on those two at the same time. Planning on buying Zumba for Wii as soon as I get my coaching money! I'll let you know how I like it! :-D

No comments: