Monday, May 23, 2011

wishing gets you nowhere

haven't we learned that enough? it's true.

so i'm going to try something new. see, i'm eating healthy, that's not my problem. but that only gets you so far. my husband has been extremely motivating, what with his going to the gym 5 days a week. and working with a trainer. and losing weight. and not having cheat days except on sundays. so basically, he's kicking my butt at this "healthy living" thing. so, i'm in. if he can do it-- this man who hated to run is running, hated to get up earlier is doing so-- then i can, too. not the get up early part. i can't really give that up. not yet. BUT i do get out of work about an hour before he does, and i can work out then. i don't have the gym membership that he does, but i DO have the nike training app (i may have mentioned it before?). and it's hard. seriously. my first goal is to actually make it through one whole workout. it won't happen right away, i know that, but i'll still try.

i stopped exercising when i got sick, because i had all sorts of sicks. i was out of commission for two months, but i can't use that as an excuse forever! so i'm ready to live the kind of active lifestyle i eventually want to pass on to my kids, and as my husband already is.

it's on!

1 comment:

LeLe said...

You go! But don't be too hard on yourself b/c for some reason, men lose weight easier than women do. It's not fair, with all we have to go through as it is, that they have it easier in that area. But, yes! Just do it! (get it?)

I'm going to try to keep up and start easing back on to the elliptical bike since my ankle is MUCH better. And weights. I like the weight lifing. I just hate cardio so much!