Friday, June 25, 2010

Back on the Wagon

Okay, so since I have to go back to work on Tuesday after two months of maternity leave and C-section recovery, I figured I might as well utilize the free gym we have on campus. So, I expect you all to keep me accountable. I'm thinking I will walk on the treadmill or do the elliptical on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and use the weight machines on Tuesday and Thursday. I am 15 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. My first goal is to get back down to that size. My second goal, and I know it might take awhile, is to lose a total of 45 pounds. Yes, this is lofty. Yes, it takes quite a bit of time to lose weight after baby, but I'm tired of feeling lumpy and hippy and flabby. I know that the most important thing is to be healthy and to have energy for my son, but I want to look good, too! I haven't felt good about my body in about five years, so it's about time.

So, would you please do me the honor of prodding me on toward my goal?

P.S. This is the cutest reason to gain 45 pounds. :)

P.P.S. Does anyone know of a good way to track progress for those of us who don't have iPhones?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i haven't really looked into it, but check this site out:
http://www.fitday.com/
it might be a good way to track your progress!

super glad you're back :-)

unfortunately, i had to stop going to my work gym-- paying for a wedding was more important than the $40/month i spent there. more on this in monday's post.