Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year and Interval Training

I just wanted to wish all of our readers a very happy transition into 2011. I hope all your dreams come true, all of your health goals are met, and you have a fabulous year!

Now, I want to ask you all something. What do you think of interval training? I got some info about it in my WebMD newsletter and being the busy mom that I am, I'm intrigued. This is the first paragraph of the article I read: 

Looking for a challenge? How about a way to drop extra pounds and get in rockin’ shape -- in a minimum amount of time? It’s called interval training and it’s long been the secret of top athletes and their coaches. But, with a little know-how, you can do it, too.

Sounds great, right? Is it too good to be true? Has anyone else ever done something like this?


This has more in-depth descriptions of the exercises that need to be done. I'm really thinking of starting this plan. I have all the tools I need at work (treadmill, bikes, free weights, a separate exercise room, etc.) and can do it at the end of the day when few, if any, people are in the gym (otherwise, I'd feel like a dork doing those jump-squats).

So, let me know what you think. And feel free to list your 2011 health/fitness goals in the comments. We want to know what YOU'RE doing this year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

isn't that pretty much what they do at places like curves? mom did that to start. she still does interval training, and she's down about 85 pounds from when she started.