Thursday, October 21, 2010

Check-in

TRUTH: I weigh 220 pounds. Still.

Positive I tell myself: Well, at least you haven't gained any weight.

What that little "mean girl" inside of all of us says: Yeah, well with the ice cream you eat and all the fast food you consume while you're on campus... you should have gained like 20 pounds!

So, what am I going to do? First, I am trying an experiment. I am not going to change my activity level, but simply what I eat. And not even so much what I eat, but where I eat. No fast food for two weeks. If Will and I do go out to eat, it will be a "sit down" place and I will order something on the healthy side. At home, I won't be eating ice cream. For two weeks. (*gasp*) Or frozen yogurt for that matter.

I'm doing this experiment because I want to see if, for me, weight loss is tied more to activity level or food. Maybe I'll find cutting out these foods won't cause me to lose any weight. (That would be incredibly sad!) Maybe I'll find I magically drop 5 (or more?) pounds just by cutting out this krap. I'm not cutting out all "bad" foods, just those ones I seem to eat ALL THE TIME. (I eat fast food a minimum of two days a week lately. It's hard to be on campus and hungry and find healthy foods.)

I start on Monday. Anyone else have a two week challenge they want to take with me?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oohhh... neat challenge! something i'd like to join you on. eating better is usually a great jump start to weight loss. for me, i've gotten back into working out. but i'm sure it does me *no* good, because i "reward" myself with ice cream afterwards. fail.

Kyrstin said...

Haha. I find myself rewarding myself in similar ways. "You made it through such a tough day on campus. You deserve X" (X being a food that's bad for me! LOL)

LeLe said...

I'm doing the same thing but with workouts. I got messed up this week with a sick baby, so I plan to start up again on Monday. We can document our progress, right? I don't eat fast food at all (very rarely) and we don't have money to go out right now so we eat at home. Not everything we eat is bad, so I'm trying the exercise and see if that helps. Good luck!