Friday, October 1, 2010

A Contest!

So, it seems we've all lost our steam since we begun this blog. I actually never really had any to begin with so I got to thinking the other day, "What would motivate me to and others to do better?" I started to think about The Biggest Loser and thought that a CONTEST would be the perfect solution. Mind you, I don't think we need to do it in Biggest Loser fashion because what we're about isn't just weight loss (and to be honest, I think they go overboard and Jillian scares me). I think we need to be a little more creative in our thinking. I think we should do something along the lines of whoever changes their lifestyle the most wins the prize. Now, I know that will be hard to judge. But if we put our heads together, maybe we can come up with something. I need your help. Give me your ideas. The winner could get something like a gift card to Old Navy for new clothes or iTunes or a restaurant. I'm willing to donate some money to the prize pool.

Thoughts?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'd donate, too.
ideas:
count number of steps taken, for a week?
who stayed closest to required calories for a week? (more about weight loss, i know)

LeLe said...

I was actually thinking about something more than just a week. Maybe 6 weeks or so...

Hannah said...

I like the idea of a competition, I just think it needs to be something that can adjust for the various needs of the people participating. Honestly, I have been meaning to write a post about how close I am to my goal, meaning I have less to work for and also less to loose in a competition.

Kyrstin said...

I am excited about this idea. I like the idea of steps taken or maybe we could keep track of glasses of water drank, pieces of fruit/whole veggies, eating whole grains, etc.? Those all seem like healthy things instead of weight loss things. (But healthy things often result in weight loss.)