Sunday, October 31, 2010

#fatbytwitter

So, obviously from my absence, you can tell that I was REEEAAAALLLLYYY trying to ignore the whole weight gain associated with pregnancy. My head definitely knows that weight gain is essential (and healthy!) when pregnant, but after fighting and fighting to lose 30 lbs right before I got pregnant, it has been a bit of a depressing jaunt to the scale in the morning... and yes... I look at the scale every morning.

In my last pregnancy, I gained 50 lbs... I also gained stretch makes, varicose veins, love handles, and a couple chins I didn't need. Luckily I gained one awesome child, or I wouldn't be looking back on it with much glee. Frankly, I did not want that to happen this time and so far, I'm succeeding. I've gained 13 pounds, and so far, 2lbs and 4oz are baby! Healthy baby :)

With that all being said, I'm not going to lie and say I am eating well... I'm not. I eat terribly for the most part... the only difference is that I force disgusting vegetables in my mouth in between each kitkat :) It's clear that the boy gets his preference for veggies from me.

Also... I don't want to have one of those "baked-goods-free" houses. I like to bake and I like Ky to eat it... I enjoy eating making fresh breads and chocolatey cookies. I guess the key, for me, is moderation... oh, ya, right, and... uh.... exercise.

I intend on getting back into some serious weight loss in a few months... until then I hope to learn the secret of fat-free baking. They have that, right?


5 comments:

Hannah said...

Not fat free, of course, but you can cut down on the fat in baking by substituting apple sauce (or babyfood prunes) for Oil in quite a few sweet recipes. Breads, cakes, brownies etc. It's a start!

Also, your baby healthy-range weight gain is awesome! It's hard to keep on track like that when you are hungry 24 hours a day.

LeLe said...

I laughed SO hard when I read the title to this. Because you're funny. :)

Way to go on not gaining 20 pounds already! I can't remember how much I weighed at this point, but I'm pretty sure it was way over 13 pounds.

For something sweet with little caloric intake, try Earth's Best pears and mango babyfood. Oh. mah. Lord. It tastes like fruit rollups.

Tamara said...

Really, it probably should have been #fatbykevin. Bahaha.

Hannah, does the applesauce supplement give everything an apply taste?

Tamara said...

Uh apply= "an apple flavor"

Hannah said...

Nope, it doesn't change the flavor much, if at all. It works best in already sweet recipes though, like muffins and cakes. Oil based recipes you just to a straight substitution, if it calls for 1/2 cup oil, use 1/2 cup apple sauce.

I have used the baby food prunes as well but in brownies where the flavor is strong already. I don't know how those would do in a different recipe.