Thursday, October 28, 2010

A small success

So here is an update on my goal. (Remember?)

TRUTH: I still weigh 220 pounds. I have had no fast food since last Thursday. (That's the small success. And it was really difficult. I almost caved today. I did have Qdoba yesterday, but I had rice, beans, veggies, lean protein, and salsa for the sauce-- a bare burrito. It was more healthy that what I would have made myself for lunch. :-\ So maybe I really am cheating. I have no idea. AHHHH.... anyway...) I have however had ice cream. I can't help it. I like it a lot. :-(

Positive I am telling myself: You've really been planning ahead with your lunch/dinner for class. You've even eaten more fruits/veggies. YAY YOU!

*sigh* Losing weight is not easy. (Duh.) Or we wouldn't be writing this blog. But I'm at the point where... yeah, I'm overweight, but I like the way I look. My husband thinks I'm pretty, attractive, and (yes!) sexy. I don't mind the size I am because I look around and see others and think (I know this is bad), "I look better than that."

But do I? Probably not. But I guess it's good I think I look good. Self-confidence is half the battle, I guess. So I want to lose weight so I can be more healthy. For my heart and my future babies. And because I need to lose weight before my future babies so I don't go crazy during every time I gain a pound. (Because I totally will.)

I know some of that seems to not all go together, but that's how I feel. I'm doing the best for what I want to do right now. Yes, I need to eat more healthy. And yes I need to work out. But am I going to feel guilty when I don't? Well, probably yes. But I'm done beating myself up about it. I've done that. In fact, I used to not even post every week because I was ashamed of it. And I still have that goal of getting to 180. It's a magic number in my mind. 180, size 12/14. God. I can't wait. I'm totally buying a bikini.

But what am I *really* going to do to get there? 
.......
.....
....
...
..
.
I have no clue.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

before the wedding when i was losing weight, i hit a part where i wasn't losing any more. but you know what? i was more active and felt better and my clothes fit better... and i still felt like i was making progress, because isn't the whole point of this to be healthy, not skinny? good for you, making those healthy choices. one step at a time.

Midwinter Graces said...

Everything happens in small steps. You're making better choices for yourself, YAY! I'm so proud of you, I know how hard that is. ESPECIALLY at Q'Doba, which is just so damn good. You're making progress, even if the scale doesn't say so yet. There's more to getting healthy than a number on a scale or on a hang tag.
You'll get where you want to be, I know you will! ::hugs::

Anonymous said...

You have me beat on the health meter by miles!! Keep it up, all 3 of you! *hugs*

LeLe said...

Baby steps! Way back when (around six years ago), I worked out in a gym and at first, I didn't lose weight. It was disheartening, but my clothes started to fit better. So, progress can't always be measured on a scale. In my mind, looking and feeling good are more important than a number on a scale.

Keep it up!!!

Hannah said...

Most people want to lose weight because they aren't happy in their own skin ( I think health reasons are further down the list :) ) If you feel good at where you are that is a HUGE accomplishment.