Monday, October 25, 2010

just another manic monday

seriously. my life has been crazy. i know i've mentioned before, but let me stress it again.
i work. full time. as in, 9 hour days because i always take a working lunch.
i have a second job. two nights a week, i teach and have lab at a local college. and i have all of the after hours prep for that, whether it's grading tests or preparing for lecture.
i am finishing my master's degree. this week, for that class, i have to make six discussion posts, do homework questions from the chapter, and write a paper that is anywhere from 5-10 pages.

so. i'm busy. we've established this. but i mentioned before that i was too busy to eat, so i've gotta get healthy! well, that's obviously false. when i weighed in at the hospital today, i was 207.2 lbs. i wanted to cry. that's a gain of 10 lbs since the wedding. i know, i know. you all warned me this would happen. but i was determined it would not happen to me.

it did.

so, this hard evidence (like my tight jeans weren't evidence enough) means it's time to change. when i say i'm too busy to eat, what i obviously mean is that i'm too busy to eat healthy. and it's quite embarrassing to admit this to you all, but i have been eating two dinners on class nights. worst part is that my husband will probably read this, and i just admitted to him that i'm doing what i whine at him about. i grab some junk from the drive through between work and class. then when i get home, i eat a second dinner of whatever husband made. i justify it by saying that they're both small meals, etc... but seriously- with how busy i am, i do not have much time for activity, so i need to rely on a healthy diet right now. and i'm not. that changes immediately.

so. what will i do?
  • veggies with every meal. except breakfast, really.
  • eat three solid meals a day. i can have a mid morning snack and a mid afternoon snack, but these are healthy. like laughing cow cheese with wheat thins, or a small bag of carrots, or apples and peanut butter.
  • walking more often during work. it's really not great that i work 9 hours straight. sure, many of those days i'm up all over four different campuses, but some days i spend 9 hours in my office. those days, i need to get up. take a walk during lunch.
  • get back to using my loseit app. i really only document the exercise because that's what i'm proud of. but i did my best at staying within my calorie limit when i used that thing daily.

and now, i leave you with this hilarious cartoon. thankfully, none of us are at this point, but you should laugh, too.

happy monday everyone.

3 comments:

essentially aimee said...

I'm trying the whole "eat three solid meals a day" thing as well! It's so hard not to snack. I know you say I'm skinny and tiny, and I agree, but I am SO out of shape and flabby that it's terrible and makes me upset. I also find that window shopping helps because you get exercise while walking throughout stores and can get great DIY ideas for products you don't have the money for!

Kyrstin said...

Wow. Those are some great goals! Also, that 10 pounds thing? Totally happened to me, too!

Veggies at lunch and dinner? That is a fantastic goal. I might join you in that! :-)

And that ecard/picture? Hilarious. I know girls who diet like that at least sometimes. So sad.

Hannah said...

Your Goals are awesome! Fruits, veggies and lean protein are a sure way to a healthier diet! Sorry I am so late in posting. My reader must be messed up because I got all of this weeks posts all at once today.

And the e-card... hilarious!