Friday, November 5, 2010

Accountability

This is an accountability check. That's progress, right?

Well, I have basically nothing to report this week other than I am lazy and eat too many cookies. I want to lose weight without having to get off my tush to go to the gym or quit eating sweets; I didn't win the genetic lottery, to borrow a phrase from Kyrstin. Leftover Halloween candy haunts me (luckily, it's almost gone) and Husband must have cookies in the house at all times. I'm going to start buying ones that I don't like (Pecan Sandies, Double-stuffed Oreos, Nutter Butters, etc.) so I won't eat them. Pretty much nothing that has chocolate in them. Can't. Resist. Chocolate.

I could attend Zumba once a week (it's only $5 a sesson here in town) but I don't have the time. Class starts at 7 and I start getting the baby ready for bed around 7:30. UGH! Does it ever get better? Before I had a kid, I just thought I was busy. I had no idea.

All this is compounded by the fact that Thanksgiving is coming. I loooooooooove Thanksgiving food. And I'm sorry, but yes, I'm going to overdo it. Sweet potato casserole, corn bread dressing, buttery rolls. Nothing is healthy about any of that. Thanksgiving comes but once a year and I will partake.
In more positive news, I did sign up for the American Heart Association walking program but I haven't even started. I signed up Monday and it generated a program for me that will start out slow and gradually increase in intensity for weight loss. I haven't done a thing all week. Maybe it will get better. But I have motivation...my brother is getting married in April and I don't want to be the fat sister.

I believe Kyrstin signed up. Does anyone else want to join us?

LeLe, out.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'll do it. but i need to do it in the next week or so. like everyone else in the world, i am too busy to work out. but i'm going to TRY. and that's half the battle.
ps-- double stuffed oreos? the best.

LeLe said...

I'm one of those weirdos who prefers the cookie to the cream.

Kyrstin said...

Pecan Sandies... <3 Thank God they're a bit on the expensive side (around $3.89 a package here) or I'd have them all. the. time.

Also, yes, I am starting my walking on Monday. And I did not win the genetic lottery. My hubby did. Let's hope our (much future) kids get his genes. :-D

LeLe said...

You'd be out of luck here because they're $2.50. My weakness? Girl Scout Samoas. Thank God they only come once a year, although I saw that Keebler just came out with a similar cookie.

Tamara said...

RE: Trying to do things around Win's schedule. It's going to get even harder for the next little while. Don't be too hard on yourself until he's about 18 months and gets a little less "schedule" orientated. I couldn't do a thing with Kevin working, and Ky on a two nap per day schedule plus early bedtime... it just didn't work. I'm glad you found a way to start small, cause you're super being a Mama right now... and I know!

Tamara said...

And after the world super, should have been busy. Wicked.

LeLe said...

:) I just thought you meant I was being a super mama.

Tamara said...

that too. :)