Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Debate

I did it... I am at (actually a few lbs BELOW) the goal I set for myself when this blog was started. In the beginning I had about 25 lbs to lose to get to my goal, and back into some pre-baby clothes. I am now there, consistently there after a month, not just having a good couple days on the scale. In addition I am back into the "normal" range for BMI.

This is where my internal debate comes in, do I still have anything to contribute to this blog? My answer so far is that this blog is called "Twitter to get Fitter" not Twitter to get thinner, or Twitter to lose weight. And, though I am now happy with my weight I am still not happy with my body and far from "Fit." I have areas that could use toning and I can't climb the stairs at the mall without being short of breath. My contributions will have to change, I need to start focusing more on maintaining, toning, working out - cardio and weights rather than fat burning. Finding more healthy recipes to incorporate into our everyday meals. Try to just live healthy in general. That will be a challenge for me as much as the actual weight loss was. I hate to exercise. I found every excuse in the book to stop doing the C25K thing. In the end I hated running and hated running in the dark even more.

So I am still here, I am just trying to collect my thoughts and change directions a bit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, CONGRATS!
see, now you can be the motivation and mentor to those of us who are far from our goals, be it weight or fitness level.
still, i'm super proud of you.

Amy @ Cheeky Cocoa Beans said...

Congratulations on reaching (and surpassing!) your weight-loss goal! And kudos to you for realizing it's not all about the number on the scale. I wish you much success in reaching the next goal you set for yourself fitness-wise.

Tamara said...

Oh please don't leave. I know for a FACT that I'm going to need help with this baby weight, and you are just the ladies for the job.

Congrats by the way! I'm sure you look AWESOME. !

Kyrstin said...

Congrats! Also, don't leave! Keep working on getting fitter and healthier! <3