Monday, November 8, 2010

ouch.

remember leann's woe-is-me post? expect something similar from me.
my weight this morning? i don't want to talk about it. seriously.
because i'm pretty sure my breakfast didn't weigh 10 lbs.
so i can't blame it on that.
could it be the four meals i had yesterday?
or maybe the lack of activity i've been participating in.

but anyways, i'm all talk. i know what i should do, and i know that i should do it. but i don't.
i also don't sew anymore, but that's beside the issue.
sort of.
see, it all stems down to me not having time.
i don't have ANY time to myself. i have time to cook and to do homework and to grade tests. my life is, quite simply put, miserable--
with no time.
but honest? my life is great. i have a loving husband who helps with dishes (which i don't have time to wash), helps clean (which i don't have time to do), and lets the dog out early (which i don't like to do).
i have a beautiful home.
i have enough food to keep me healthy (obviously).
i just don't have time.

i hope to at least start my wii back up, but i make no promises. i get to bed late because i do homework, so i don't like waking up earlier than i have to.
i could walk, but i would be cutting into school time.
the easiest thing will be to eat better, so that i can promise to do. and i've been doing really well with having veggies in every meal, like i mentioned in a previous post.

the good news is that my clothes are still fitting well. once i get to where they're not fitting, i think i would cry. so i'll get to working so that i can go back into my skinny jeans (which are, yes, still hanging in my closet). don't get all excited. my "skinny" jeans are a size 16.

4 comments:

LeLe said...

That reminds me of Paul in Romans 7 (I had to look hard for this, as I couldn't remember the exact passage):

5) I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate. 16) But if I know that what I am doing is wrong, this shows that I agree that the law is good. 17) So I am not the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.

18) And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[d] I want to do what is right, but I can’t. 19) I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway. 20) But if I do what I don’t want to do, I am not really the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.

Not that this is necessarily sin, per se, but you get the idea. Paul struggled with what he knew he needed to do but didn't want to do. As do I. As does everyone else here, I'm sure. :)

At least your clothes still fit!

Anonymous said...

good comment. i like how you countered all your beating of me with the positive ending. haha. ok, i know you weren't beating me, but still. you're right.

LeLe said...

Hey, I wasn't beating you, Paul was. You know how he is. :P

Belinda said...

You know, I've noticed that every time we women get down and unhappy, it's either because we are either lonely, or have too much on our plate. Not enough time is a force that will invade even the most positive of people. Keep your head up girl. Look toward the end. This too shall pass, as we are fond of saying. Enjoy what you CAN do right now. You seem to be enjoying the cooking thing, so grasp that. I know how you feel about wanting to do the other things, but they will still be there when you get more time.

As far as the diet and exercise...we all go through slumps. And I am in a perpetual state of one. So, I FORCE myself to exercise whether I want to or not. When I'm done, huffing and puffing, I feel sooo much better emotionally.

Hold on my child, joy comes in the morning...It will get better. I promise.