Sunday, March 20, 2011

30 Day Challenge

Hi everyone!, *waves*

Long time no see! Hey, hey! Look!


A baby! -------->


So - now that I've got the whole pregnant/newborn thing out of the way, and have passed my 6 week check up with flying colors, I figure it's time to get rid of these last ten pounds of baby fat!!! Okay, okay...also I should get rid of the 30 other pounds I'm packing around as well... but one step at a time, right?

I had great success with my Wii Active last time around, and lucky for me, most of my #fitbytwitter buddies now have one too! I think we've all decided that now is the perfect time for a Wii Active, #fitbytwitter, 30 day Challenge!

You don't have Wii Active you say, dear Twitter to get Fitter readers? Well... that's ok, here's a link to buy one!

http://www.walmart.ca/Video-Games/Nintendo-Wii/Sports/EA-Sports-Active-Bundle-Nintendo-Wii (Canada)
http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=wii+active&ic=48_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0 (US)

But really, I don't need you to shell out the big bucks. Wii active really just pushes you to spend 15-20 minutes daily (some days for rest!) working out and building muscle. No big whoop right? You can do that by running up and down your stairs! And that is exactly what I want you to do... take 15 minutes a day, do some sort of activity, and let us know what you did in the comments section of our daily blog posts...

So that leads me back to my #fitbytwitter posters... clearly I have a hard time remembering to post, HOWEVER, I am willing to promise to get my weekly post in here while we are doing the challenge... I am the last person to be asking this, but will everyone else post too? Even just a tiny blurb with a place for our followers to tell us how wonderful they did that day? If we have to fill the empty days with a silly post (OMG that is the cutest picture of a kitty EVER) just to have a post, I say we should do it.

Also, it is to my understanding that some of the more "technologically equipped" of our #fitbytwitter crew will be creating a community for us to all chat on... post our goals, our accomplishments, and to give us a place to give each other a big "HECK YEAH" as we proceed! I love "HECK YEAH"s. Also, I hate quotations because I'm unsure where to put the "S" in that little endeavour. Anyhow, I digress.

If I'm missing anything, I'm hoping the others will fill in the blanks. I look forward to starting this little challenge next weekend...

I'm totally lying. I'm scared stiff... HOWEVER, I look forward to toned arms and my skinny jeans. So. Ya. Let's do this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i. love. this. post.

seriously! it made me laugh. i'm so glad you're back! and i can't wait to start our wii active challenge! i remember last time you and i were doing it around the same time, we both saw results and felt really good. but i think i stopped after day 10? so this time, we go the whole way through!

LeLe said...

Woot! Woot! <--I NEVER give two woots at a time so you should be "spay-shul" <--that's how we say "special" in Arkansas.

I'm totally down and SO FREAKING PUMPED about this. Just took Win for a stroll around the block and my ankles were hurting by the time I was done, but I don't care! I need to drop 10-15 pounds.

P.S. You and Kev make cute babies.