Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Weight gone, bring on the tone.

In February last year I wrote this post, including photos, and measurements of the "before" version of me.

Since we are starting this 30-day wii active challenge I thought I would go ahead and and post an update. the weight is gone, I am down to 125, but still have a way to go along the lines of muscle tone and overall health.

This is a repost of how/where to measure, my original measurement (in inches) and then the new measurements as of last night.


1. Bust: measure all the way around your bust and back right at your nipple line, and make sure the tape measure is not lower.
41 - 38

2. Chest: Measure under your breasts but as high up as you can go, keeping the tape measure parallel. This is probably also your bra band size.
33 - 31

3. Waist: Measure wherever it is the smallest/the navel
34 - 30

4. Hips: Measure at the very biggest part -- even if that is so low that you are almost on the top of your thighs.
38 - 36.5

5. Midway: Measure midway between the very biggest part of your hips and your waist.
40.5 - 36

6. Thighs: Measure wherever they are the biggest.
24 - 21

7. Knees: Measure right above the knee.
16.5 - 14.5

8. Calves: Measure wherever they are the biggest.
14 - 13.5

9. Upper arm: Measure wherever they are biggest above your elbows.
11 - 10.5

10. Forearms: Measure wherever they are biggest below your elbows.
8.5 - 9 


As you can see I've lost as many as 4 inches in some areas and gained 1/2 an inch in others. I can only assume that forearm gain is due to hefting the little one around all day long. the numbers I would most like to see shrink? The upper arm, thighs and the "midway." I hear that Wii active is really good for the toning so I am excited about that! 


Edit: I tried to take a few pics but they aren't transferring from my camera. I'll try an update this when I get that done. 


Ok, pics have been added. 




IMG_1306

IMG_1305

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

if ever there were a place to start, you're it! it's really neat to see the progress someone in this group made, and you writing it down makes me want to, so i can actually see the progress.
congrats!

LeLe said...

Yay, you! It's awesome to see your progress and I was actually thinking we needed an instructional guide on how/where to measure, so we need to get Scarlett to put this up on the Spruz site.

Although, I may not share my measurements until AFTER. I'm not looking forward to measuring my waist since I still have a lot of baby fat hanging out there. I'd also like to tone my arms (more baby weight).

Hannah said...

take the measurements and pics and if you don't want to share until after then dont! I think it was pretty awesome to see how much had changed and I was surprised by how much the numbers changed but I have only gone down one clothing size. Keep in mind this is a YEAR later, so a couple inches in a year is totally do-able.

LeLe said...

Yeah, I was thinking as I read through your post that this will only be 30 days so we won't see as much progress and if we want to see that much progress, we'll need to keep going forward. Hopefully, this will spur more activity in our lives so we can all be healthier and look better, to boot!