Friday, March 18, 2011

Time-Constrained Fitness

You know how I was supposed to lose weight for my brother's upcoming wedding? Well, I have ONE month left. And I haven't even gotten started. Although my scales keep telling me I'm losing weight, I don't feel as if I am. Honestly, I think the thing is broken. It's giving me false hope. My clothes still fit the same. So, unless some things have shifted around, I'm just going to assume the scales are wrong (they're telling me I only have about 7 pounds to go to get to my pre-baby weight and that is an outright LIE because my hips, belly, and arms are all much bigger than pre-conception).

So, what is a girl who has no free time to do? I have a brand, spanking new Wii but no Wii Active or whatever the workout programs are. I have the standard Sports that came with it, so do you think that would help me tone up some? My arms need major help, even though I'm toting around a 20-lb kid every day. I'd like to get the Zumba game but don't know if I have time to do it. Any advice for toning up in a month's time. I don't want to loathe myself when I go dress shopping...

How's everyone else doing on their goals for the year? Failing like me?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the sports that it comes with has a great boxing game. just go through a couple rounds a night. it's quick, and always makes me feel like i'm getting a good workout.

yes. i'm failing, too. although i don't have any goals like that, i would STILL just like to get healthy.

Krissy said...

My goals for this year suck so far, but if you stick with the basic have you tried the boxing? I'm telling you that thing is a workout if you do it the adult way and not the way the kids do it to just WIN. :)

Oh, see? What Erin said! LOL There are a lot of great ones out there though if you wanted to buy others.

LeLe said...

We actually just got the Wii a few weeks ago and have only played it a few times. I plan on checking out more of the games this weekend, so boxing is on my to-do list. Pretty sad when you have to put a GAME on a to-do list!