Monday, March 28, 2011

foods that help you lose weight

(unlike tamara, i'm not posting my measurements on here. if you want to find them, they're hidden over at our spruz community site. so, find them at your own risk.)

so, how'd your workout go? it started today, remember? don't forget to check out (and join!) our community, found here. check in often, reply to threads, post pictures... consider yourself an integral part of this challenge! because honest, without all of you out there, i wouldn't be participating. well, the "badges" that you earn through wii active help motivate, too :-)

536

i thought about doing my exercise right after work. i figured i don't have a kid or other obligations, so i'd just have a lazy morning, then do it tonight. nope. i did it early. REALLY early. usually my husband is the only one who wakes up at this time, and i roll out of bed an hour later. but i figured if i could work out while he is in the shower, then i miss that embarrassing time when he has to watch me flail around like an epileptic monkey. so, from about 5:45 until a little after 6, i did my day one challenge. and all i can say is, "woah". it's been a year since i worked out, and even the easy one kicked my butt. i can't WAIT until next week, because i know i'll be doing better by then.

now, as nice as it is that we're all (finally?) getting active, that doesn't mean you can eat whatever you want. below i've listed foods that help you lose weight, as taken from the nest:

grapefruit-- steadies blood sugar levels, acts as a diuretic.
green tea-- only helps weight loss if you drink 5-6 cups a day!
hot peppers-- decrease cravings for other foods, and increase metabolism.
water-- increases the efficiency of your metabolism.
broccoli-- lots of fiber, your body has to work harder to digest it.
greek yogurt-- helps digestion, lots of protein for the low fat and calories!
lean protein-- increases metabolism..

happy challenge!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Woot! Yay Erin. I'm doing my workout during nap time today. I already eat grapefruit daily, drink 2 pots of green tea every day and Greek yogurt daily too! I like this list :)

LeLe said...

I'm going shopping this afternoon but I'm not sure if I'll like grapefruit or not...I bought lots of chicken and pork the other day, so I plan on doing a lot of broiling and baking, which is great b/c it's fast and easy. With lots of veggies as sides.

I got up around 5:05 and started around 5:15 after getting my workout gear on and getting some water but I wasn't done until 6 b/c of the stupid squat fiasco I told you about and I watched the videos to make sure I was doing everything correctly.

Midwinter Graces said...

Oh, grapefruit. I could eat it at every meal if the ulcer in my tummy would let me. Soooo good!

Water's awesome, too. I was told that water not only fills you up, but boosts your body's work if you drink it ice cold?