Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Welcome to the Challenge!

So, we're three days into the challenge, and I hope everyone out there is doing great! I know I'm feeling fabulous. I, myself, (as I posted on the spruz site) am doing a bit of a modified challenge. I attend Zumba classes two or three days a week, so I made myself a little deal. If I go to a Zumba class, I don't have to do a Wii Active workout in addition. For me, the goal is really to workout every day for at least 20 minutes, (longer if time allows, but 20 is my absolute, barebones minimum). I either Zumba, Wii Zumba, or Wii Active every day.

In addition, I've set a few extra goals for myself, too.

I can do anything for 30 days. For the next 30 days, these are the things I will do EVERY day.

1. Wii Active 30 Day Challenge -OR- Zumba. Every Day. No exceptions.
2. Blog - at least one entry, no matter how long or how short. I have to post something.
3. Drink 2 Nalgenes of water.
4. Drink one vitamin packet or one nutritious smoothie. (I can't take vitamins in pill form, they mess with my stomach something awful and vitamins in gummy form have gelatin, which isn't vegan.)

Weekly, these are my goals:

1. Attend AT MINIMUM, two Zumba classes every week. More, if possible. (Sometimes my work schedule doesn't align with the studio's schedule).
2. Post my Wednesday blog to Twitter // Fitter (okay, I like the shorter name, honestly. Easier to type...because I'm lazy).
3. Post my Teatime Tuesday blog to my personal blog. I started it and failed right away...oops.

So far, it's going good! I'm maintaining my goals. I've gone to Zumba twice so far, and I'm going again tonight. I've been drinking so much water that I feel like I have to pee every 15 minutes. (TMI?) And, I've been writing again, forcing myself to sit down at my computer and put words on the page in the hopes that I'll beat the writer's block that has several of my current projects at a standstill.

So how are YOU doing with your goals?

3 comments:

LeLe said...

I'm peeing a lot too, for the record. Haha! I feel great! Not as sore as yesterday but we're on a rest day. I had thought about doing something today but it's my b-day so I'm taking the day off. MK got me Wii Zumba for my gift (yay!) so I might try to do that on my Wii Active rest days.

I also like the new shorter name. I'm a lazy typer as well.

Love seeing your goals! I should probably make some too.

Midwinter Graces said...

Oooh! You have Wii Zumba, too? That's awesome!

And it's your birthday. :-) Treat yourself and take a day off, why not?

LeLe said...

YES! I'm so excited. And I didn't do anything yesterday but I still ate pretty decently. No birthday cake for me! Proud of myself!