Sunday, March 7, 2010

Fit Baby Mama


So, this week has been a little hit or miss for me. As you can see, I did succeed in my "30 Day Challenge" on my Wii Active -------------->
so that was a big deal for me... It got HARD near the end... but definitely worth it. It "suggests" that I move forward onto the "medium" setting, buuuuuuuuuuut, I think I'll do "easy" one more time. So what has changed in 30 days? Well, my butt is surely smaller, and my arms are more toned than they've ever been.... and these thing make me happy :D


So my misses? Well as you can see, I lost 1lb. I vehemently refuse to blame the 6 beer I put back at the beginning of the week, and also refuse to acknowledge the fact that I CANNOT eat popcorn without butter. In saying that, I'm still off the gravy, so I cheer for the personal victories.

As for this week, I had absolutely no idea what to talk about until about 3 minutes ago. I know that we don't ALL have access to babies, but I figure at some point we will most likely have that access. I checked out some Mom/Baby exercise websites for our current/future use, and some good ones are this baby one , and I also found this toddler one. As Hannah once reminded me, playing with children is an excellent way to lose calories! So... if you don't have a kid, go find one and let their mother have a break. I'm positive she'd appreciate it :D

Due to a Canadian/American hockey game debacle of fried goodness (again I'm certain this has nothing to do with the loss of only 1lb this week), I have also found a reasonable "chicken wing" recipe. Nope it's not wings at all, but it still sounds awesome.

Enjoy and see you next week!

Buffalo Chicken Wings
Tanya actually threads chicken breast strips on skewers and then bakes them in spicy buffalo sauce because there’s not much meat on chicken wings.
1. Pour 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce, 2 tablespoons white vinegar, 1 tablespoon corn starch, 2 teaspoons paprika and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper in a small pot and heat on the stove top until thickened.
2. Tenderize 2 pounds of chicken breast strips with a fork so the sauce can sink into the meat. Thread the chicken onto skewers.
3. Brush the chicken with the thickened sauce. Place in a casserole dish and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F. Brush the hot chicken with the remaining sauce. Turn and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes until done.

Serves: 8
Nutrition Content (per serving): 194 calories, 4 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 2 g carbohydrates, 0 g fiber, 35 g protein, 217 mg sodium


2 comments:

LeLe said...

Yummy!

Anonymous said...

Try your popcorn with the spray I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. It's like, zero or one calorie per spray, and makes it seem like you're totally overdoing it with indulgence. my favorite.