Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sushi

So! Tonight at the McDonald residence, we're dining on sushi. It's pretty good for you if you don't over indulge, and super yummy! We bought special sushi rice, so start by cooking the rice as it says on the package. :D Per 3/4cup prepared rice, it is 150 calories.


Once the rice is cooked and cooled slightly, pat out a small (cause we're dieting... you know) amount on a piece of dry seaweed. The seaweed is super cheap ($2.00 for 10 pieces!) and there is 12 calories per piece. Yummo.

Once rice is spread, add the ingredients. Here, you see imitation crab (90 cal for the 90g portion seen here? Avacado is a killer, but I choose to eat it for all the good reasons. It's only a small amount here and I'm sure it's about 100 calories. Cucumber seems like it should be a free food... so we'll just count it like that.

Roll it up!

Cut, and serve with Soya sauce and Wasabi if you're brave. I am not brave.

So - per roll, about 125 Cal in rice, 100 cal in avacado, 12 cal in seaweed, 90 cal in crab.... 327 calories per roll! OH YEAH!

Oh, and I am refusing my scale today so no pics... but hopefully next week I'll be back on track. Have a great week guys!

2 comments:

LeLe said...

I've always been too scared to try sushi because of the whole not-cooked fish thing, plus I can't have raw fish since I'm pregnant, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE imitation crab. I might just have to try this. And I love avocado.

Anonymous said...

337 calories PER ROLL?? amazing! I love sushi, and it sounds like it was pretty cheap to make, too! i'm more a fan of "cheap", than i am of "healthy" usually, so it's so nice when i find things that satisfy both.