Thursday, March 25, 2010

So I suck at remembering to post...

Thursday sneaks up on me. Seriously. It's almost like it's Wednesday and then Friday. It's as if Thursday is completely non-existent.

Here are some positive things that I've done in the past two weeks:
  • I have made major head-way on wedding plans!
  • I managed to lose a few pounds by watching portion size. (I'm still not eating all that healthy, but am eating less junk food than I used to. I mean, smaller portions.)
  • Drinking more water, less juice. Still addicted to my diet rootbeer.
  • I'm drinking alcohol less often which is also contributing to my weight loss. (Though, I think this is a side affect of not being at college/not having a lot of people to go out with. It's not like I'm an alcoholic, but at school I drank at least once a week. Now, it's maybe once a month. And then a random glass of wine one or two other times during the month.)
  • I am now within half a pound of losing 30 pounds since this journey started for me in November!
  • I tried on my wedding dress and it's too big! I think this is much better than the alternative option! (It being too small!) I have an alterations appointment next week! :-)
Also, I have a confession to make. Well, it's small but still. I think I figured out why I'm losing weight even though I've been slacking the last few weeks. I'm on a medication for a health concern. The old medicine I was on for this concern caused me to gain a BUNCH of weight, coincidentally, I started this medicine around the same time I started college. This new medication, one of the side effects is weight loss. Can we say positive for me? :-) The doctor and I do need to watch it though so that I don't lose weight too quickly or become unhealthy skinny... but that won't be a problem for awhile!

Since, I was told you guys liked my last interactive blog... I have a new question this week: What is your favorite physical activity to do? Why?

I'll start with mine. I love to ski. I haven't skiied in 4 years. It's kind of expensive and it also has to be the right season for it. But, next winter... I am definitely going! :-) I love skiing because the snow is pretty, you warm up in the lodge with your sweetie (usually) drinking hot cocoa, and the speed is a real rush!

My second favorite is going disc golfing with Will & Waffles. I throw sticks/balls for Waffles and Will disc golfs. It's a win for everyone! (And we walk like... 2-3 miles.)

Can't wait to hear your replies! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

(haha)
i laugh because i'm pretty sure your last post started with an identical sentence.

so proud of you making head-way on wedding plans, and way to go with the weight loss! i was also on a medicine that caused me to gain a BUNCH of weight, and have gotten switched, but unfortunately i don't have an awesome side effect like you do.

Tamara said...

My wedding dress was too small. AND, I took the "head in the sand" approach and didn't try it on until the night before the wedding.... so panic ensues. Finally, one of my bridesmaids grabs the back of the dress and RIPS the back off it. Literally. In my wedding pics you can see that my back is showing under the lacing? Yea, it wasn't supposed to.

Okay, so, for me, honestly (comma comma) I don't LURVE physical activity but I can play a mean game of baseball. Played all my life, and look forward to getting back on a team again. :D

Anonymous said...

(whoops, i forgot to add my physical activity)
I've really been getting into the gym lately... but if you're talking about actual recreation, super enjoyment... then i love to walk. i know that's not real activity, but i like to see what i can see, and take pictures usually along the way.

i also LOVE the batting cages. and putt-putt golf. does putt-putt count as physical activity? it's a fair amount of bending over...

LeLe said...

I love volleyball but haven't played in about 10 years. I miss it. I was fairly good at it. About the only thing I was ever good at, sports-wise.