Monday, April 5, 2010

It’s time for Plan B

Well. Hrmph. I am no good at this.

I exercise regularly, and I eat fairly well, and I stopped losing weight. Even gained a few pounds after I announced my amazing leap down to 198. Boo.

BUT.

I figured out why. I am not that good at documenting EVERYTHING I eat. I get most of it down, but I forget about, oh, say, that bite of chocolate I had. Or that cheese cracker my coworker offered me.

Plus, with the working out, I’ve stopped pushing myself. I’ve found my comfort zone, and I stay there. Of course I’m not going to do any better if I stay where I am!

So, what do we do about this?

1) Play copycat. Post pictures of my weight like Kyrstin does. I bought a new digital scale so I don’t have to estimate based on my dial one anymore. (ps, i blame this weight on easter. i had to do dinner with both sides of the family. and it's incredibly humbling for this photo to be up on the internets.)

2) Play The Biggest Loser. I started a competition at work, and basically whoever loses the most weight will win over $100. That’s a big lot of money. And since we’re doing percentage of body weight, it’s fair. I think I have a slight advantage though, because I know what to do (as I’ve been half-assing this for a while now), and I have plenty to lose.

3) DOCUMENT everything. Really think this through.

4) Push myself a little more at the gym. Also, become more consistent at using the Wii, if only for the boxing module. All the workouts I do at the gym work my lower body, but if I EVER want to look decent in a wedding dress, I better work my upper body also.

I can do this. I WILL do this. And since Mondays are weigh-in days at work, and my day to post to the blog, you’ll get my Biggest Loser update at the same time.

I’ve moved on to my Plan B. Time to buckle down and make this work.

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Tips for posting your weight on the internet for all to see?
Naked. Nakedness. Naaaakedness. Clothes weight tooooo much.

When you wake up on Monday, and you jump out of bed... weight yourself. Post that picture. By the end of the day, I can be 2lbs heavier than I was in the morning... therefore I ignore the scale after noon.... (bahahahahaha)

I love watching the evolution of your weight-loss. I feel like your new motto should be "FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!"

Anonymous said...

You are sooo right! I never trust the scale when I weigh myself at the end of the day. Always mornings.

You comment alone is motivational :-)

Anonymous said...

PS Tamara, I just realized I gave Kyrstin credit for your scale pictures. Whoops. Thank YOU for posting them and being so honest and a sort of role model!