Thursday, April 29, 2010

Well then...

After my awesome weekend with the future-in-laws and my 3 meals of eating out (Prime rib, Chinese buffet, and chicken Parmesan!), I'm back down to 208. That's not so bad, right? I even cheated and had a small strawberry sundae the other day when I took my cousins to DQ for ice cream after playing at the park. If it weren't for that sundae... ;-)

Anyway, wedding preparations continue to float along and my overall health is good. Allergy season is crappy and continues to make things almost miserable some days. However, the nicest thing is with the warming weather (and thus allergy season!), my appetite has decreased and it's made it easier to not snack. And when I do snack, I want food like strawberries, apples, grapes, carrot sticks... nice, light and healthy food to coordinate with the warmer weather!

My favorite snack right now is a thin roll (shown earlier in a post by Erin) with a slice of low-fat cheese made into a grilled cheese! I butter the inside part (with "I can't believe it's not Butter! Light") and put the seeded "top" side towards the cheese so the crust isn't the part I'm toasting. (If that makes any sense, I realize that might be very confusing!)

I'm also continuing with my regular household work-outs. Mopping has to be one of the best work-outs I've found that has an awesome added benefit: A clean floor! I think I may have pulled a muscle in my side earlier this week mopping!

For additional work-out challenges, I'm planning on going for a short 15 minute walk every day and increasing this by about 5 minutes every other day until I get to 45 minutes (or how long it takes me to walk two miles). I plan to take my dog with me and spend the time with her as she's been feeling very neglected lately! It will be a good chance for us to spend time together! I'll let you know how all of this works out next week!

What are you doing to change your routine lately? How are you or could you make your work-outs dual purpose?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sometimes, it's all about how much effort you put into something. like your example with mopping-- i can take a light swipe of everything, or i can buckle down and SCRUB it with the mop. sometimes it makes me sweat, especially if i do the whole house!

i love making chores into workouts. double duty.

Tamara said...

Oooh, good idea. Two things I dislike, mixed together to make something I like. A perfect equation!

I'm going to work it while I clean the bathroom shower walls... and UP and DOWN and UP and DOWN....

LeLe said...

Cleaning the bathtub always wears me out. All the bending, squatting, etc.