Saturday, April 9, 2011

week 2 check in

hey everyone! how'd you do for the second week?

i ended up losing weight finally! and i have my scale at home now, so i can document my weight more accurately. i didn't keep up with the wii workouts as much as i should have (blame it on work, and my master's program...) but i still kept active. whether it was taking an evening walk to starbucks with husband for a skinny vanilla latte (only 90 calories!) or walking across campus instead of taking the shuttle, i did it. i'm blessed in that i have a job that i can wear tennies and capris to if i don't have important meetings, so i've taken advantage of that this week.

what about you? end of week 2 means we're almost halfway done!

7 comments:

LeLe said...

I lost .8 pounds. Ha. That still counts, right? I did my workout this morning and plan to start doing Zumba or walking at work on my rest days. I hit a slump but since we're almost halfway, I think I can finish with no problems. I'd like to play more sport games though instead of all those resistance workouts. :(

Tamara said...

I lost one pound! Yay Pound! Considering I'm pretty much off the Wii, that's pretty good I think.

Le, you should customize a work out that is better suited to you. There are tons of fun sports to do, but they mostly work the upper half, so you don't get that lower work out. Make sure to include the dreaded lunges... they do alot!

Anonymous said...

considering i didn't lose at all last week, i feel like i "earned" my 5-lb loss that i found this week. well, 5 lbs overall. partial pounds here, partial pounds there. plus i re-learned the awesome trick of "weigh in the morning practically nekkid"-- and that sure helped.

as for working out, i'm still doing alright. sometimes my workout comes in the form of walking, sometimes as the wii, sometimes as rearranging heavy furniture and packing boxes to get ready for our move. in any case, it's working.

Tamara said...

YEP! I weight nekkid in the am too! Sometimes though, I think there is a pound difference between when I am "full" before Riley eats and after... weird right? That's alot of milk.... ( and that was alot of TMI...)

Erin, you know what else is a good workout?? GARDENING!!!

LeLe said...

Tamara, I love you!

Hannah said...

Not much to report. I skipped a workout this week because I had a nasty headache complete with nausea. My trainer was kind and didn't yell at me the next time I got on, was it supposed to? Anyway. Besides that I have nothing new to report. I am going shopping tomorrow for a cocktail dress and a swimsuit for the vacay... hopefully that will be some kind of boost and I'll be able to see a difference.

Hannah said...

Oh and Tamara, the (few) times I have pumped I can get a good 8 oz even after the kid nurses, which is almost 1/2 a lb. So yep, I totally believe that it can make a big difference.