Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Where the heck I've been

Alright, so it's Wednesday, which is my day of the week, and I've been absent for a couple weeks, so I figured I should pop in here and explain a little of what's been going on in my life.

Two weeks ago, my mom's health took a drastic turn for the worse, she was hospitalized, and when she was released, it was decided that she qualified to enter in-home hospice. She's at home now, and we have been blessed with the most amazing group of hospice workers on the planet, but I've been very busy. For those fortunate enough to not know what hospice entails, my mom has a full team of health care workers who come into the home, doctors, nurses, CNAs, social workers, chaplains, and volunteers. I've wanted to be with her as much as possible while getting her set up in this new program, and as such, I haven't been around much here, or on our spruz site.

I've pretty much failed the 30 day challenge. I don't have time to work out daily, I haven't been to a Zumba class in 2 weeks (which I'm killing myself for, because I bought a monthly pass that I basically just threw away), and my eating habits have been atrocious. I'm stress eating like a mofo, and drinking like a fish, and truth be told, I can't be bothered to care about it. I feel like my priorities in my life just violently exploded and reorganized, I have a limited amount of energy to get through the day, and I just can't focus on more than a few important things.

I'm still around and making sure that I'm reading everyone's updates. I love hearing about all of your personal victories and watching you overcome your personal challenges. I just haven't had anything to contribute, so I haven't been posting along with you.

I know a few people have talked about what's coming up next for the next 30 day challenge, and I want you to know that I will SO be up for that once we get it organized.

Peace & <3

2 comments:

Kyrstin said...

I've been thinking about you. My thoughts are with you and your family. <3 If you need me, you know where to find me.

LeLe said...

Still thinking of and praying for your family and especially your mom. I'm sorry you've gotten off track but it's absolutely understandable. I know that I would too if I were in your position! You can ALWAYS start over, that's the good thing about diet and exercise. It always welcomes you back. Hoping life settles for you soon. *hugs*