Friday, April 1, 2011

Feelin' Groovy

I'm feelin' groovy this morning.
Slow down, you movin' too fast
You gotta make the morning last
Just kickin' down the cobblestones
Lookin' for fun and
Feelin' groovy

Hello, lampost
Whatcha knowin?
I've come to watch your flowers growin'
Ain'tcha got no rhymes for me?
Doo Bee Doo Doo,
Feelin' groovy

Got no deeds to do
No promises to keep
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep
Let the morningtime drop all its petals on me...
Life, I love you,
All is groovy
Lyrics found here.

It's been a Simon and Garfunkel kinda day. And I feel groovy and fabulous and wonderful. This, from the self-professed exercise hater.

I'm on Day 5 of the Challenge and am getting up a little after 5:00 each morning to do my Wii workout. Great start to each day and I get it out of the way, first thing. Yes, I've been sore...Day 2 was BRUTAL. But, the soreness now is a good sore, the kind of sore where you know you're working your muscles but not so sore that you're in misery. On the Wii Active Challenge workouts, you run each day and although I absolutely detest running, I know it's really working my legs and all those muscles. Especially the routine where you run for a bit, do high kicks for a bit and then try to kick your behind (I can't remember what those are called but I did them this morning). I have been sore in places I've never been before (inner thighs). So, basically, I'm really enjoying the workouts I'm getting even if they are only burning around 120-140 calories each time. I know I'm going to be more toned by the end of the 30 days.

This whole program has also inspired me to cut my calories. I would like to lose 30 pounds (initially) and LoseIt has helped me create a plan that projects I can lose 30 pounds by October. I know that sounds like a long time, but it's one pound a week and that's a really healthy rate to go. Maybe by doing this Challenge and adding in a few more workouts during the week (like walking during lunch or going over to the gym to do the elliptical), I can lose a little faster. In any event, I just want to do this the right way and be healthy. I'm eating 1600 calories a day (some days a little more, some days a little less, but have been pretty good to stick to it this first week) and think that's a do-able amount. Suppers are the hardest thing for me to keep under caloric intake, but I'm gonna try to find some lower fat recipes and incorporate those into our meal schedule. I have lots of lean meats at home, I just have to lay off the cream sauces and fattening sides.

Also, I got a really cool scale for 1/4 of the price it should have been on Amazon: Ozeri Elite Series II Digital Bathroom Scale With 5" Blue Backlit Xbright LCD and InstaOn Technology. It's still half-price and if you use the code SHAPEUPI (not sure if it still works, you might want to check before submitting the order), you get another 50% off! Since it is $25 before the coupon discount, you get free super saver shipping, but you have to make sure you select that option in the check-out. Basically, I got a $50 scale for $12.50, shipped! Just wanted to pass that along to you.

So, how's everyone doing? Weekly check-in is tomorrow and you can share what you feel like sharing. We just want to know how thing are going!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i feel the same way about the soreness-- it was BAD on day 2, but has been encouraging since then. i even added an extra workout to yesterday's plan because i felt like it was sort of lazy. i didn't really feel like i'd worked out by the end, but after the second workout (boxing), i didn't feel like i'd killed myself, either.