Friday, April 29, 2011

A Super-Quick Slimdown for Busy [Ladies]

The original article said "Busy Moms" but I could have used this before I ever had kids. Just because a person isn't a mom yet doesn't mean they aren't busy!

I digress...

So, I read this article and it makes complete sense. It's not located online so I'm going to scan in the pages for you as PDFs and outline the basic principles.

"To see results in just five weeks, do the 18-minute routine at right three times a week, plus some other form of cardio twice a week (like walking or jogging for 20-30 minutes). select the arm and ab moves from the following pages [scanned in], and incrase the length of your cardio bursts to two minutes over time. For even faster results, do the routine twice through each time, changing your strenth and cardio picks the second time through." Parents Magazine, May 2011, Page 98.

Here's the schedule:

1 arm move
1 belly move
1-minute cardio burst. Do one of the following moves:
  • jogging in place
  • jumping jacks
  • running up and down stairs
  • jumping rope
  • butt kicks
  • alternating knee lifts
  • leaping side to side
    (any of these sound familiar???)
1 arm move
1 belly move
1-minute cardio burst. Choose a different move from the previous list.
1 arm move
1 belly move
1-minute cardio burst. Choose a different move from the previous list.
1 arm move
1 belly move
1-minute cardio burst. Choose a different move from the previous list.

I've attached the scan of the article below. I had planned on possibly doing this in May, but I have developed tendinitis and am not sure if I can manage any of the cardio bursts. I have been using the recumbent elliptical bike at work and it doesn't seem to aggravate my ankle/calf so that's probably how I'll get my cardio. And maybe Wii boxing.

The 30-day challenge is wrapping up! Don't forget to post your progress tomorrow.

Fitness

No comments: