Monday, April 11, 2011

week 3? already?

yes. i just reused a title from a discussion i posted in our community site.

i'm contemplating making a ginormous salad for dinner tonight. with grilled chicken on top. and cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, carrots, mushrooms... all sorts of good veggies. yum.

i'm holding steady at 6 pounds lost. i consider that a win after my weekend neglect of the loseit app, beer(s), nachos, and a hot dog. no, i didn't go to a baseball game, even those are token baseball foods. i had the nachos at a bar, and the hot dog from sonic. so it wasn't a regular, plain hot dog. it was the one with sauerkraut and a little bacon. oh, and the one with peppers and pickles. so really, it was two hot dogs. so like i said, i win by staying within the weight i was on friday.

what else? like tamara, i fail at the wii challenge. but i'm staying active. and husband has been holding me accountable. he has asked me how things are going, and if i'm still doing the wii. i didn't hate telling him i wasn't, because i'm still doing the walking. not a walking plan or anything, but i'm making a point to walk the bridge at work (a mile and a half, round trip) at least once a day. i've taken to doing the stairs up two flights (really 3 because in between is a utilities floor), which does not make my thighs happy. but happy doesn't get me into a different size pants.

oh, and for dessert yesterday, husband and i had strawberry shortcake. yes, we had dessert. because you can make strawberry shortcake for under 200 calories. angel food cake has practically none, and use the light cool whip. then it's just fresh sliced strawberries and sugar!
trust me, it's the perfect summer dessert. especially now that berries are in season.

5 comments:

LeLe said...

I LOVE strawberry shortcake b/c I never feel guilty when I eat it. And it's sooooo good.

LeLe said...

Oh, and MK has been telling me how proud he is of me of sticking with the workout and food plan. And he wanted salad the other night...he actually requested it. So, instead of making chicken stir fry, I just pan seared the chicken and put that on top of the salad. It was great!

Tamara said...

Oh ma god. I'm making strawberry shortcake tonight.

Hannah said...

I made strawberry shortcake this weekend but it was not light. I used pound cake (had half a frozen Sarah lee left over just staring at me every time I opened the freezer) also, I didnt have any cool whip left so I made my own whipped cream with heavy cream. Healthy dessert fail.

Hannah said...

oops, just realized that today is wednesday which means I forgot to post yesterday.

Ahh the momentum is gone suppose.