Thursday, February 4, 2010

About Us

We all have a different story, and will share those stories, struggles, and motivations with you in our own format.

@chidanemum-- Hey! I'm Erin. I like to think I'll write this blog from a different angle; I have to limit certain exercises because of some health conditions. At the ripe ol' age of 27, I have rheumatoid arthritis-- so I will try to get into things like yoga and walking. I had some changes in medications that caused me to gain over 75 lbs in a year. It's been three years since that happened, and I have no excuse to still be carrying around this extra weight. I have a huge problem with portion control, but I have a pretty good idea of what I need to do... it's just the "doing it" that gets me hung up. I also love to try new recipes, so will be trying to put a super healthy spin on some favorites (for example, using applesauce in place of oil).

@hannahbella3
-- Hi, I'm Hannah and two years ago I had a baby. My body hasn't been the same since. Especially after I added that second baby a couple months ago. I went from being the skinny girl that could eat anything and not gain a pound to a mama with a few too many curves. I don't want to crash diet, or go crazy with the workouts. I don't even want to make it back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I just want to be fit and healthy. My goal is to loose 20 lbs and fit back into real - read 'not maternity' - pants again someday soon.

@KayteeScarlett--My name is Michelle. I don't think there has ever been a point in my life when I've considered myself "thin". I've always been a big girl and have had problems with my weight all my life. My goal is not so much to be "thin" because my body isn't designed to be skinny. My main goal is to be healthy. If I eat healthier and live a healthier lifestyle I'll lose the weight!

@
kyrstind-- Kyrstin here. I am 22 years old (in March 2010) and will be getting married in June. When I left high school I was the skinny curvy girl... now, I'm just the REALLY curvy girl. I would like to lose about 20 pounds before the wedding and lift weights to tone my arms and back so I look awesome in my dress! I also would like to become more healthy and start exercising to help my asthma. It is the worst in the dead, cold winter, allergy season, and when it's super humid and hot during the Iowa summer (so basically, all year around). I'm not too concerned about getting to my "ideal" weight because every body is different... but I do want to feel comfortable in a swimsuit... I love the beach. And I do have a honeymoon coming up!

@mama_dixie-- My name is Leann and as of this posting, I am 27 weeks pregnant; obviously, I will not be losing any weight within the next 3 months. However, I want to go ahead and prepare myself for after the baby boy comes because I know I will need to lose the weight and have struggled as an adult with my metabolism. Also, I've gained well over 20 pounds in pregnancy and will probably end up gaining over 30. Before pregnancy, I was already out of my healthy weight range. I am 5'3 and never really struggled with my weight until my early 20s. I was able to lose weight a few times but only with proper exercise and diet (the Sugar Busters diet worked really well for me and helped me curb my sweet tooth). I can't just do either/or because it doesn't work for me. So...I want to start getting better eating habits right now. I should have already started that, being pregnant and all, but it's hard when you don't have to necessarily watch what you eat. I also should walk more but it's hard when you're tired and heavy and have to work all day. The reason I'm here is for moral support and accountability. I really look forward to what we can all do together.

@stephann00--My name is Stephanie. I've never been thin or skinny. I've been an overweight girl my entire life. My problem is, I love food. Period. I have gone from being cute and curvy to being obese. I want to change from being obese. I no longer want to have to shop specialty stores for clothes. I want to be healthy and happy. I have a lot of weight to lose, but that's why Im here. I do not have the expectation of being 100 lbs. That's not realistic. My goal is to be a size 10. Now that's realistic and I know I can do it!

@twilighttamara
-- Hi! I'm Tamara. Sixteen very short months ago, I gave birth to a beautiful boy. During the pregnancy, I took "eating for two" to a whole new level. Now, in order to prepare for baby two, and to generally feel better, I'd like to lose about 30 pounds. I am addicted to bread, I love high fat yogurt, and you'll rarely catch me eating a carrot. This should probably change. I'm excited to set a healthy example for my son, and to keep up with my husband. Looking forward to seeing how well we can all do, because I know we can do it together.

No comments: