Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sick week and thinking...

Since I've been sick most of this week, I haven't really thought about much more than surviving. However, in preparation for my week (had it been normal and I'd been working) I picked up a bunch of low-calorie canned soups and frozen dinners. I've eaten some of them as meals, even though I've been home and other times, I've eaten whatever I can find. I still managed to lose another 1.5 pounds, most likely because I've been eating less than normal due to being sick.

I haven't done too well on adding in my heart healthy foods, but have been cutting out sodium because that's the way we cook at my house now!

I'm going to go the way of Hannah and share a LOT of personal information with you and post pictures. I know this is a cop out and copying... but with being sick I haven't had a lot of time for creativity and it's been something I've been meaning to do anyway. So Hannah! Thanks for being brave and thanks for going first! :-)

I am 5'9" and currently weigh 215.8 first thing in the morning (before eating anything). According to the BMI chart, I score at 31.7, a total of 1.8 points above the over-weight range. (So, yes. I fall into the "obese"-range. I don't think I look obese, but whatever.) According to this, an ideal weight for me would be 165 lbs which would put me just into the "healthy weight" category. I personally think that 165 lbs would probably be hard for me to maintain. I have set up a goal of being 180 pounds by December 2010 (having started at 240 in November 2009), once I get there, who knows? I might shoot for the whole 165! I would like to be down to 200 pounds by June 1, 2010.

Here are my goals to focus on for the next week:

1) Inquire into costs of Y-membership or some other way of being able to lift weights & walk 2-3 times a week.

2) Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.

3) Eat 3 fruits/vegetables a day (at least one of them being a fresh fruit or vegetable).

4) Lose 2 lbs.

5) Go browse for some cute spring clothes. The way I am losing weight... I just might enjoy shopping again! (And definitely won't fit into what I wore last summer!)

6) Continue adding in heart healthy foods and cutting out sodium and cholesterol.

I feel like this was a a very productive, positive huddle, sooooooo... BREAK!

**Once again, I had pictures to post... but my computer is not loading them. I'll add these later! ARGH! $&@^$@

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

at least you're tall! the weight looks good on you! course, it's really frustrating when i'm fairly comfortable with my body, but i'm way in the obese range (i just calculated it to be 34- ouch!). getting into the "healthy" range would be 145 lbs for me-- but no, my goal is 160 for now.

But, like you, once i reach that goal, who knows where i'll go!

(PS I joined the gym at work yesterday- yaaay!)

LeLe said...

Erin, it may just be me but I don't think you would look right at 145. Just sayin'.

Anonymous said...

I agree! and that's the high end of the range! maybe "they" should re-evaluate the BMI scale. or maybe it's just a bad way to evaluate yourself.

Hannah said...

Apparently Erin and I are the same height :) I read an article the other day about the "normal" obese. Which means basically that you can be overweight with a healthy diet and be healthier than a "normal weight" person with a crappy diet who will have similar heart/health issues as an obese person. I think That is where I am, I am nearly normal but lack muscle tone, eat too much junk...

Kyrstin said...

Thanks Erin! :-)

I think the BMI chart is a bunch of krap! I agree with normal weight people eating krap... I see it all the time!

Next week, I'm gonna do my measurements and get those dang pictures up! :-)