Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday

I received the Weight Watcher's newsletter via email from my mother late last week. It was unusual, as it's the first time I'd ever gotten this from her. Mind you, Mom's been in Weight Watchers for, well, maybe 1.5 years, and in that time, she's lost nearly 100 lbs. So, my mom will shed some enlightenment on this trek for me, I imagine.

Anyways, the main reason she sent it to me is because I had a disaster in my Crock Pot last week, and there were WW Crock Pot recipes that she said sounded good. I printed a bunch of them and added them to my home binder to use in the future. Most of the time that I'll write here, I'll include a new recipe, and a few little ways that I was able to make it a bit healthier. Last night, I made French Onion Soup and it was amazing! I found a delicious recipe where you use olive oil instead of butter to saute the onions, and I limited the cheese that I put on top-- also chose a little more parmesan than havarti, and made my slices of french bread for toast a little thinner than you might normally.. I don't know how much of a difference many of those choices made, but it feels a little healthier, and it was delicious!



My main goals during this blogging time are to be able to not get winded during longer walks, and fit into all the pants in my closet. I'm not putting a weight loss goal on here, because that's so deceiving. I lost about 20 lbs while in China in November and December, and I came absolutely no closer to fitting in the pants. It boggles my mind, but all I know is I need to do some work. I am fine with eating healthy, but I'm much more comfortable sitting on the couch than getting up and working out. That's a big one I need to work on.

And lastly, I want to be as comfortable with my body as my boyfriend is. I want to love the parts that he loves on me. Cause you know, if you can't love yourself, who else is going to do it?

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Mmmm, I LOVE french onion soup.

Congrats to your Mom! I love that this happened, as you know it can be done! She must have the will-power and determination of a saint!