Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sunday, Wii Fit Day

Being last has so many advantages: some of which are having the fortune, and insight, of reading all your posts. They have moved me through the week, and kept fitness in the forefront of my mind. 7 days to follow you in your fitness ideas, also means 7 days without gravy. 7 days. No gravy. Woot!

I thought I would share my main fitness companion with you by explaining the Wii game that I play. It's called Wii active, and though it's not the Wii Fit you usually see, I still find it motivating, calorie burning and fun! I know some of you are considering this purchase, so I took a couple pictures of the "in-game" screens for you to see.



So, basic in-screen list of what's on the agenda for today. As you can see, it sucks. And it makes your butt hurt. A pain in the butt if you will.



Kev demonstrates another in-screen excercise... running. Yes, you do run in place... (unless you have a treadmill?) but it's still hard.



The controllers are either held in your hands, or strapped to your leg with a provided strap. They both sense motion, and thus your calorie count is tallied by the speed and movement the controllers make.



And voila! Calories burned, muscles toned, and all in a short 15-20 minutes. All in the comfort of your own home!

Thanks for such a great week ladies! What a great idea :)


*Special thanks to Kevin's avatar for helping in this blog post.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT. I bought the Wii Active after your suggesting it earlier this week. Was going to try it out the past few days, but alas, I had no power. I can't wait to try it! Hopefully I'll pop it in today instead of taking a nap. It's got some sort of personal trainer or something, yeah?
Thanks!!